Create a fundraising page, honor someone special, start a memorial campaign or organize an event to benefit the UCSF Center for BRCA Research.
What your gift means to the UCSF Center for BRCA Research
Your gift to the Center for BRCA Research will help leverage UCSF’s strength in translational and precision medicine to reach our goal of curing and preventing BRCA and related cancers within our lifetime. Today, BRCA mutation carriers have a highly elevated risk of developing cancer – in particular melanoma, breast, ovarian, prostate, and pancreatic – and up to 20% of human cancers are BRCA mutation-related or have similar properties. The Center’s comprehensive approach integrates world-class clinical care, innovative research, prevention, and education and training of future professionals to accelerate the pace of discovery for the benefit of patients and families with BRCA-related or other hereditary cancers.
Thank you for considering a gift to UCSF’s Center for BRCA Research. Gifts at every level are valuable, and together, make our work towards ending BRCA-related cancers possible. During our initial five-year launch period, your partnership is especially critical to realizing the full breadth of work we aspire to in order to achieve the greatest results possible for our patients.
Annual and one-time gifts - Gifts at every level, large and small, are the cornerstone of support for the Center for BRCA Research. The program would not exist without the generosity of our donors who provide core funding for the Center. Annual gifts are particularly valuable because they provide our Co-Directors with immediate and flexible dollars, allowing them to fill gaps in funding and adjust to new opportunities.
Partnership Opportunities/Directed Gifts - Donors interested in making major investments may choose to partner with the Center for BRCA Research to direct their support to a targeted area of interest. Below are examples of the impact of gifts in each of our key areas: Research, Clinical Care, Prevention, and/or Education.
- Clinical Care:
- A gift of $50,000 provides genetic counseling support to field up to 200 counseling sessions each year for patients at risk for BRCA mutations and their family members.
- A gift of $100,000 per year supports one Clinical Research Coordinator to execute, manage, and coordinate research studies and protocols related to BRCA specific cancer treatments for patients.
- A gift of $75,000 will fund the collection of biomarker samples for one year.
- A gift of $100,000 will support one postdoctoral researcher or clinical research fellow dedicated to studying BRCAness for one year.
- A gift of $200,000 will fund two BRCA Challenge Initiative grants to support innovative research projects focused on key BRCA priority areas.
- A gift of $100,000 funds one medical fellowship for one year to initiate training for a physician interested in BRCA-related cancers.
For more information about the Center for BRCA Research and giving opportunities, please contact:
Director of Development
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center